FAA RFP (Electric)
FAR Part 25 App F Part VI, BSS 7365, AITM 2-0053
This test measures the flame propagation and after burn time of aircraft thermal and acoustic insulation materials. The instrument utilises an electrical radiant panel and is calibrated for critical heat flux. It also has a pilot gas burner and optional flame application module and data acquisition hardware and software.
It complies with FAR Part 25 Appendix F Part VI, BSS 7365, AITM 2-0053.Download PDF Spec
The Apparatus consists of the following components:
- Insulated equipment panels covered with brushed stainless steel
- Electrically controlled heating panel
- Pilot burner
- 127 mm deep specimen holder tray
- Flux transducer with support assembly and water cooling pump system
- Recommended Optional Accessories:
- FAM-1 – Automated flame application module
- DA-7 – Data Acquisition and Software system (optional), featuring:
- Real time heat flux and 5-minute running average on screen, as well as on graph.
- Recording of all three flux positions as per FAR 25.856(a) (“0”, “1” & “2”).
- Automatic generation of results to a PDF format.
220V/208V 3 Phase 30AMP
Operating 10°C to 35°C
1680mm (W) x 1860mm x (H) x 590mm (D)
Pilot Burner must be operated with propane gas. Required inlet pressure: 1.7 – 2.8 bar
The supply voltage required is 127-220V, 3 phase, 50Hz, 30 amps /120-208V, 3 phase, 60Hz, 30 amps