Vertical Textile Test Apparatus
ISO6941, ISO6940, BS 5438
The EN ISO 6940 and 6941 tests are extensively applied throughout industry especially in the textile and apparel manufacturing industries, where it is widely used for the testing of fabrics and other woven material products. The test measures the rate of flame spread for vertically oriented samples.
This new model available from Concept Equipment utilises modern technology and has been designed with ergonomics in mind to ensure that testing is as user friendly as possible.
Standard equipment complies with the mandatory requirements of EN ISO 6940 and 6941 standards.
Other test methods can be performed on the apparatus, such as the BS 5867/5438 series of tests with the purchase of additional templates and sample holders.Download PDF Spec
- High quality stainless steel instrument chassis with specimen holder location and thread roller assemblies
- 2 off stainless steel specimen holders are included. One for EN ISO 6940 and one for EN ISO 6941
- Fully compliant burner complete with needle control valve
- Semi-automated control of flame application time and thread switches/timers
- 0° and 30° angle burner support assembly with ‘Y’ and ‘Z’ adjustment for fine location of burner
- Marker thread pack 450m and Debris/drip tray included
- Flame height spacer for 40mm and 25mm flame adjustment included
- Horizontal surface ignition flame spacer (0°) and Edge Ignition flame spacer (30°) included
- A single push-button on the control panel activates/deactivates the gas supplies ensuring the system is isolated easily
- Emergency stop button to kill gas and power to ensure maximum safety
- Ideal for use in quality control applications as well as a tool for the development and analysis of new materials