3 Metre Cube
IEC 61034, BS 6853
The 3 Metre Cube test is performed within a chamber measuring 3 cubic metres. The test monitors the transmittance reduction of a white light beam, running from one side of the chamber to the other, at a set height, thus monitoring the build up of smoke inside the chamber. A small fan is used inside the chamber to prevent the smoke building up in a layered effect. A draft screen is also utilised to protect the specimen and the flame source from any air turbulence.
- Stainless steel three metre cubed chamber, complete with door, light source windows and extraction fan interface
- Bespoke stabilised light source
- High accuracy light measurement system
- Smoke measurement system support structures
- Circulating fan and sample mounting frames
- Extraction Fan and connection ducting
- Smoke measuring software, data acquisition and laptop
Electrical: 230 Volts AC 50 Hz or 115 Volts 60 Hz.
The area surrounding the cube should be a draft free area with no extremities of temperatures or pressures due to external conditions.
The 150 mm diameter extraction ducting should have a suitable exhaust system/chimney to extract into.